Program: Project Management
Salary: Hourly Rate
Reports to: Executive Director
We are looking for an experienced, mature individual who has a heart for Christian ministry. The Project Coordinator (PC) is responsible for managing Hearts for Homes’ (H4H) home repair program. The PC is an integral part of our ministry team which manages home renovation, home repair and safety modifications necessary to fulfill our mission. A successful PC will be ministry minded, compassionate, detail-oriented and visionary; ensuring that projects run according to plan and maintenance needs are handled in a timely manner. This position is highly visible both within the organization and in the community.
- Evaluating and performing repair needs for new and existing senior clients.
- Organizing and planning projects according to the prioritized repair needs assessment.
- Coordination, oversight and management of volunteer labor and professionals to completion of projects in a timely manner.
- Management of materials budget and work schedules for the home repair projects requiring superior organization, strategy, computer and communication skills.
- Oversee and approve all building materials used in the projects.
- Attend and lead all Project Management Committee meetings and act as a liaison between the committee and report, as required, to the Executive Director.
- Lead Saturday Work Day events as needed.
- Manage warehouse and keep tool trailers stocked with needed materials.
- Train and orient new project leaders on mission of H4H, impact to client, safety protocols, pre-project planning, proper usage of tools and materials, post-project cleanup procedures and more.
Skills and Expectations
- Minimum two years’ experience in hands-on construction. Must be able to manage projects, including budget, inventory and schedule management.
- Hands-on experience in home repair and home renovation required.
- Ability to work independently in making home repairs/renovations.
- Willingness to uphold and support Hearts for Homes’ mission and ministry.
- Possess a temperament that is suitable for the environment of a volunteer-oriented, Christian nonprofit organization and the ability to create a work environment that is cheerful, productive and inclusive.
- Experience building relationships with local governments, and business and community partners.
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Excellent computer skills necessary; must be proficient in Office Suite; Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to work with, direct, and communicate expectations to a diverse group of individuals, skilled and unskilled.
- Design policies and procedures for the home repair program and financial model to build program sustainability.
- Negotiate home repair building materials and supplies costs with local partner companies such as Lowes and Home Depot, as needed.
- Maintain a work ethic and system of accountability for all materials used and acquired for repair program, and for conduct of volunteers and others on the job.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with partners, volunteers, project leaders, clients, and others to achieve mutual goals. Maintain regular project reports and communications with Project Management Committee, Executive Director, H4H Board of Directors, Homeowners and Staff.
- Must be familiar with evaluating the condition of existing homes from 20 to 100 years of age.
NOTE: The above list of duties, while specific to the position, is not exhaustive. Therefore, it is possible that responsibilities of the position may change or increase as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Primarily based out of H4H office and warehouse facility in Denton, TX. Should be in good physical condition in order to work heavy machinery & equipment, and load and unload project materials to and from store to warehouse and warehouse to project sites. Travel to job sites across Denton County, and attending night and weekend meetings and work days as job requires.