Guidelines for Assistance
Hearts for Homes provides no-cost home repairs to very low-income senior homeowners based on the following guidelines:
- 60 years of age or older
- Resident of Denton County
- Owns their own home (not renting; does not own any other properties)
- Repairs must fall in “NEED” rather than “WANT” category. In other words, “needed” repairs are those that are essential to provide a safe living environment, whereas “wants” are repairs that are desired more in terms of niceties.
- Must provide income verification for ALL household members.
- Proof of income must accompany each application. This may include the following:
- Statement of Social Security retirement benefits, if applicable.
- Statement of Disability/SSI benefits, if applicable.
- Copy of previous year’s IRS tax return, if applicable.
- Copy of previous six (6) months bank statements for all accounts.
- Copy of paycheck stub for previous six (6) months, if applicable.
- Household income does not exceed amounts listed below.
- All assets will be taken into consideration in qualifying clients for assistance.
No. of Household Members
For Each Additional Family Member, Add
Do you qualify? If the answer is yes to all of the above criteria, then take a few minutes to fill out the application for homeowner assistance with the e-sign agreement.