God's Love in Action
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Hearts for Homes providing thousands of hours of direct, hands-on service to our seniors through our Home Repair Program or Case Management Program. If you feel called to be part of our programs and assist seniors in need in the Denton County community, please complete our online Volunteer Application.
Work Days & Volunteer Opportunities
Projects with Homeowners
Hearts for Homes typically makes residential repairs to homes of Denton County area seniors in need on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month. Volunteers of all skill levels are welcome to assist our seniors in need of a helping hand. Volunteers who are specifically skilled in carpentry, drywall repair, plumbing, electrical and roofing are especially appreciated.
Typical Work Day activities include:
- Tape, bed, texture interior walls/ceilings & paint interiors.
- Bathroom repairs such as repairing floor, reset/replace toilets, repairing sheetrock.
- Replacing non-functioning stoves, washers, dryers and refrigerators with donated ones from warehouse.
- Exterior siding & fascia repairs, painting.
- Cleaning and decluttering homes to prepare for repair work.
- Landscaping and yard clean up such as trimming bushes, trees, removing debris, weeding, etc.
Join us at an upcoming work day and become a blessing to a senior in need!
Interested in organizing a project for your group, company or organization? We would love to help! Contact Hearts for Homes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 940.891.0947.
Work in the Office
Volunteers are needed to answer phones, assist with mailings, and more. If you are available during the week and would like to help out in our office, contact us to discuss your availability. Interested in an internship with Hearts for Homes? There are opportunities to assist with marketing, public relations, fundraising, volunteer engagement or social media outreach. Call the office to find out more.
Projects at the Warehouse
Volunteers are always needed to help maintain and organize building materials, tools, and donations in the warehouse. Contact us to discuss your availability.